Guangzhou - While everyone was milking the remaining values of the brand, an inspiring, forward-looking concept that transcends brands was born - LOVEMARKS. Kevin Roberts, Worldwide CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi, created a new philosophy based on loyalty beyond reason, love and building relationships between brands and consumers. Lovemarks embody mystery, sensuality and intimacy. They do not belong to manufacturers, producers, or corporations but rather the people who love them.
The 2004 launch of the book "Lovemarks: the future beyond brands", which illustrates this philosophy, was met with great success. The book has been published in 15 languages, with more than 50,000 copies now in print, bringing to the world stories of how brands have moved to Lovemark status through building loyalty beyond reason in their consumers.
But Saatchi & Saatchi China did not rely solely on the books to popularize the Lovemark philosophy in their market.? They went for cross media communication by joining forces with i-CABLE Satellite Television Limited's Horizon Channel to bring Lovemark stories to life on a TV show.
Each of the nine episodes of the LOVEMARKS series features the touching story of legendary brands such as Olay, adidas, UNICEF, IKEA, Tsing Tao Beer, Starbucks and LEGO. ?Shot around the world in 16 cities, each episode unfolds to tell the success story of a brand that engages their target audience by building Respect and inspiring Love.
Concise and comprehensive history combines with insightful interviews with the founders and leaders of these legendary brands to reveal how they brought their Lovemarks into China. Kevin Roberts explains every case study in detail, exploring the power of love and the reasons behind their success with inspirational remarks.
Kevin commented, "A series of nine programs, telling the stories of Lovemarks from all over the world and how these Lovemarks are going in China. Lovemarks are the future beyond brands. And for all of us, China is the most important market in the global economy. Consumers are on the move. Innovation's all around us: marketing has never been as bland. I think you will find these stories really interesting. They show us the way to the future and they show us the way to success."?
As one of the largest advertising agencies in the world, and the 1st international advertising agency to obtain a business license in China, how will Saatchi & Saatchi break down the cultural barrier and help to create Lovemarks in the market?
- Olay, a Lovemark that creates beautiful dreams for women, a story that started from a prescription for burns;
- adidas, a pair of shoes that began with the journey of a century-old legend;
- Tsingtao Beer, one of the world's top 10 beer brands with a rich history spanning over a century;
- LEGO, where 6 pieces of brick can lead to 102,981,500 combinations, the most creative product of the 20th century;
- Starbucks, growing at a rate of 3 to 4 new coffee joints every day around the world, making it the world's fastest growing brand;
- UNICEF, helping 2.2 biliion children worldwide fight for their rights for 60 years;
- IKEA, growing from a 1m2 warehouse to an international corporation with more than 200 stores in over 30 countries;
- Chinese Kung Fu, an intangible Chinese cultural brand in the eyes of westerners.
An original creation by Saatchi & Saatchi China, produced by i-Cable Satellite Television Limited, the LOVEMARKS series is an innovative, intellectual program that is as informative and practical as it is entertaining and inspiring. Real-life stories of brands and their experience of entering the Chinese market will prove to be most inspirational to the masses as well as marketing professionals.
Made in China, this major production on the vision of the world was premiered on satellite TV, 15 provincial TV channels in China and airlines; now, it is also available on DVD sets for those who want to feel the power of love & be inspired by the intelligence!